Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cayden's a Big Boy!

For those of you who didn't know - Cayden turned two on November 27! It's amazing how much time has flown by, It's nearly impossible to imagine that I have had this little monster (who conveniently becomes more experienced daily) in my world for two years.

We had an amazing time at his birthday party. Doug, Brandy, Logan, Bryce, Erin and Isaac came into town for Thanksgiving, which was conveniently enough close enough to Cayden's birthday so that we could all celebrate together - with a visit from Matt (Cayden's father) all tied in! After the guys weasled their way out of going to apple hill through inconvenient tee times, we took the boys to the park and spent the day around the house.

Everyone was so amazing with their generosity towards the stinker - he got some really great gifts! Molly (Matt's mother) has astounded us with her ability to consistantly be an incredible grandmother for Cade. He got some fabulous clothes, fun bath toys, a mini drum kit (Heaven help us) and a Power Wheels type train that rides around on a track.

It's funny to wake up some mornings to the sound of a motor going round and round his little track - definitely nice to know you picked something out that the munchkin would like! After after hunting down a belt Cayden's looking better than ever in his new digs!

It was so nice having the siblings around. Cayden loves Logan so much, lovingly expressing it through fists to the cheeks and shoving. And my brothers and sisters in laws are my best friends. I enjoy spending time with them more than anyone!

The Thursday (I think) after his birthday, Cayden had his two-year-old appointment. The doctor says Cayden is doing fine on height and weight - regardless of the fact his 6 month old cousin weighs nearly as much - because he's been small from the get-go. He was however concerned that Cayden barely speaks. He has asked us to take him to audiologist as well as a speech therapist to see if we can scoot things along and to check and make sure there isn't anything wrong. I don't think he has hearing loss, unless it's minor. That boy hears everything I say regardless of whether he pays attention. :)

I have started on a new mission to become a great cook and to start making new things! The last week I must have I have scored some major points with my hubby and have been really proud of myself! The new things I have become so fabulous at making include but are not limited to: Tomato Bisque (Erin and Bran, I HAD to make it after La Bou!), Buffalo wings that taste, so I've heard, just like Hooters wings! They are SO good, Chicken Enchiladas, and these incredible chicken nachos. I'll let you know what else I find and love! I'm like 007 with this stuff now -woo hoo!

Fairly sure I've been long-winded. So I shall cease to post for now. Stay Classy, San Francisco. (wait is that right?) :D

2 comments:

Doug and Brandy said...

How cute!!!! I love that you have a blog! I miss you guys so much and this is a perfect way to watch Cayden grow!!! Love you tons!
Brandy

Erin said...

I love your blog! What a great name. Oh and CONGRATS!!!